Sunday, April 14, 2024
spot_img
HomeEducationOver 1,000 students graduate at Nkumba University

Over 1,000 students graduate at Nkumba University

- Advertisment -spot_img

Glitter and glamor it was. A colorful ceremony filled with flyer, excitement and joy. Saturday 26th February was the day for the class of 2022. Nkumba University held its 24th graduation ceremony at its main campus in Entebbe.

1,432 students were awarded degrees, diplomas and certificates in various academic disciplines. Of these, 782 were females constituting approximately 55% and 650 were males representing the remaining 45%.

Five students graduated with Doctorate of philosophy (PhD) degrees, 103 graduated with masters degrees, 889 graduated with bachelor’s degrees, 238 students graduated with diplomas and 110 graduated with certificates.

In attendance were members of the foundation body, university council, board of trustees, university management, dignitaries from ministry of Education, parents, sponsors, guardians and graduands.

Unlike the 23rd graduation ceremony which took place virtually with only 200 gradyates attending physically, This year’s graduation was open for all with emphasis on the standards operating procedures as stated by the ministry of health.


According to the University vice Chancellor, the number of graduates was expected to be higher but factors related to COVID-19 mayhem took a drastic toll.
The number of students graduating would have been much higher, but covid-19 deterred other students from completing their studies in time” said Professor Jude T. Lubega, Vice-Chancellor Nkumba University.


The University, Mr Emmanuel Katongole said that he recently launched the Chancellors Innovation Initiative (CII) aiming at nurturing innovation and creative thinking which should not stop at the university.


“For those who planned well, the answer should come easily but for others the harsh reality will kick in, you have joined a pool of thousands of graduates and millions across the world. We should appreciate that the world today, the post covid 19 world is unlike anything that has befallen us before, so what does this mean to the job market that we are sending you to, it Means you have to adapt or else parish,” he asserted.

Nkumba University is a private fully chartered higher institution of learning adding close to 2000 job seekers into the job market every year.

 

- Advertisment -spot_img
Japheth Godwin Walakira
Japheth Godwin Walakira
Japheth Godwin Walakira, is an exceptionally talented Journalism student at Nkumba University, specializing in photojournalism, video editing, and writing. With an acute eye for detail and an unwavering passion for storytelling, Japheth possesses a natural gift for capturing powerful images and crafting compelling narratives that captivate audiences. As a dedicated and skilled communicator, Japheth excels in collaborating with diverse teams to achieve common goals. His commitment to making a positive impact in the world of media is evident through his multifaceted roles. Not only is he a proficient Journalism student, but he also serves as the Public Relations Officer at the Rotaract Club of Nkumba University. Additionally, he holds the esteemed position of Information Minister for the School of Social Sciences at Nkumba University, showcasing his leadership and organizational skills. Furthermore, Japheth's influence extends to the realm of student governance, where he proudly serves as the Guild Information Minister at Nkumba University. His dedication, drive, and passion for media make him a standout individual, poised to create meaningful change and leave a lasting legacy in his field.
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -spot_img

Most Popular

- Advertisment -spot_img